Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Letter from Oct 9, 2006

I don´t think they've cut the power here this week. They do that sometimes. Umm....life is good. I really needed this p-day. We had a blast, and Hno. Fierro (from Chile) was kind enough to take all 10 of us up to the beach.

We helped re-animate a recent convert family by having a mini testimony meeting! It was so cool and the Spirit was so strong! I love them! They are the only Bolivian
family currently in the ward.

I don't know what the "multi-family teaching" is so apparently we didn`t start that. We have only taught one strange guy. We hope he reads the pamphlet we left him when he isn`t drunk. But God is continually guiding us and strengthening us.




Hey all! How are all of you? I`m great! The Old Man and the Sea Museum has nothing to do with Hemmingway. It has a bunch of exhibits of animal (not all from the sea) life here in Argentina and a room that shows the different kinds of trash theyve found on the beach. We can see the ocean everyday from Bella Vista or the Ascentimientos (two small areas we work in).

Thanks all for your letters, especially Todd, Jeanne, Diane, Mom and Dad, this week and a mountain of thanks for the emails all. Please make sure that all are getting the news! Thanks for all you do! Thanks especially to Dad and Todd for your advice and stories. I will definitely need them.

Congratulations to Wade on his marriage! Wow! That`s the coolest!

Hey Sam and Lisa, where are my letters from you two? Todd, thanks for writing. I found that Sundays were great days to write/type letters because I didn´t do homework on those days and writing was one of the more uplifting activities of the day.

Happy Birthday to all who have birthdays this month! I´m so horrible and remembering who´s is when, especially when I`m not celebrating them with you all. Love you all bunches!

Okay, so the GREAT news of the week is that CAROLINA HAS A WEDDING DATE!!!!!!!!! That means that she can get baptized as soon as she is married! I´m so excited for her! The wedding isn`t until December 30th, but that doesn`t matter. She took a great step to get a civil wedding date. Yea!!!!!!!

We have met a few Welsh descendents We are (so-n-so´s) ancestors!? But it`s mostly Argentines or Bolivians here. This week I want to drop the cane on the Argentines for being so racist. But, maybe I just needed a p-day. My companion and I are doing great! We keep good care of each other. Language is coming slowly yet surely. We don´t speak Castellano all the time, but we do what we can. I´m not sure what to do about sending pictures. Well have to see what happens.

Here in Argentina we mostly walk and find. I think we’re going to start almost all over again. I’ve even almost gone through all of our areas. Well more next week! Love all bunches and muches!

No comments: