Monday, October 30, 2006

Letter from Monday Oct 30, 2006

Hey all! Thanks for all the letters! I got letters from the fam, Maxine, Diane, Hna. Orquiz, and Sam!!! Thanks all for the updates! How about Halloween fun for you all? We had a great activity on Friday. We had people dress up (we as missionaries couldn’t), we had bobbing for apples, etc. The best part was watching the kids trick or treat in the church. They all ran screaming down the hall, and each one got a little bag of candy.
We shared Matt. 27:52 as the theme scripture. The Lord really blessed us. Thanks Cori for your advice. I really needed it. Congrats to Ismael! He will be a great missionary!

We got planners before the transfer next week! That was really exciting! In fact, it is the best! Okay, so I’m still in Puerto Madryn with Hna.Evans for at least another week. Transfers are every 6 weeks, but we don’t know whether we stay or go until the day before. Transfers are next week (Thursday-more or less).

Oh, did I tell you that we traded part of our area with the Elders? We have Roca (it looks like a ghetto future.) Imagine 2001:Space Odesey without the space or the blue Danube playing in the background. It is a bunch of apartment buildings and it is a lot of fun. We have found one lady, Monica, whom we will teach again today. We also contacted a reference named Damiana. She is really cute and really stressed. Her 16-year-old son is in Buenos Aires because he has “lucimia”. I don’t know how to spell it in English. Anyway, so we are working with her.

Oh, I found another way to flush a toilet here! Some of them don’t have handles or buttons. Some of them need to have a bucket of water poured in them. Cool, huh! Oh, and Dad, we do have hot water (fortunately). I think that is all of my news for the week. Please keep me updated on yours.

Thanks all for your love and prayers on my behalf. They are always needed and appreciated. Love you all and hope to hear from you all again next week!
My love always and bunches. HUG TIME!

No comments: