Monday, October 16, 2006

Letter from Oct 16, 2006

Hey all! Sorry about last weeks email! I’ll be more careful with the email address things. So the quote of the week is “She’s alive! The snake’s dead!” I saw a stick on the ground that reminded me of a snake.

This week has been pretty good. I can’t think of much to tell you. We are in the process of dropping investigators and finding new ones. It’s quite interesting. Thanks all for the emails and letters. I’ll get letters tomorrow because the Elders couldn’t get to the bolsa today (the joys of holidays on Mondays in Argentina).

We have not gone back to the family of 9 investigators. They are not ready/willing to commit and we didn’t feel comfortable there the last time we visited.

Castellano is Spanish, but it’s mixed with a lot of Italian. So, it’s Spanish with a lot of different vocab words. I’m going to come home and all the Spanish speakers will be saying bad words like “recoger”. Last week I did speak a little bit of Welsh with a shopkeeper. That was cool! But the only Welsh I have found here. I guess I’ll have to keep looking for those Welsh speakers.

Carolina is a Bolivian, like most of the people we teach in our area. She and René have been living together for a while. We can’t really do anything with her until she gets married. But she has a wedding date! That’s the coolest! She lives in a little house next to her mom, Valentina, and another investigator, Maria (who is not related) is living in Valentina’s house. It is all very complicated. But I love them and they make the best bread and empanadas!

Laundry is a blast! We hang our clothes over the gas heater to dry. Actually, everything is run by gas here. Anyway, Hna. Santul has a washer and if we end up leaving our clothes long enough, she irons them for us. Mostly we don’t and go around wrinkled a little bit. We do iron for Conference with the President though. We usually don’t have time to do it everyday. Well, that’s all I can think of for this week!

Hope to hear from you all soon! Love bunches and always!

No comments: