Thursday, October 05, 2006

Letter from Oct 2, 2006 ( I know this is late, sorry)

Hey Everyone! I´m doing great this week! The usual ups and downs of missionary work (including the hills to our different areas.) The missionary work is both hard and really cool. It´s hard to speak Spanish all the time, but it will help me so much. We always need to use the gifts and talents God has given us. Puerto Madryn is beautiful with the most beautiful skys. Oh, we also have a lot of huskeys and labs here, along with the German shepards.

Thanks all for your emails, although I would prefer letters from friends. It is more likely to get here then for me to send anything, so I will blog you all. Friendlies, how´s school, activities, significant others, work? I love to get your letters!

So the most frustrating thing about this week was not having a planner for the first week of the transfer. I have one now, though, and it´s great! Oh, and an American dollar here is 3 pesos. It wouldn´t be so bad to mail things, except that we are living on pesos and only get so much a month.

We taught a huge family and friends getting 9 new investigators. That was a cool lesson. We also found a young man named Juan. We pray that Juan will continue to want to have the Spirit and desire to be baptized and confirmed.

My favorite part of the week was, of course, General Conference! We watched it in English at 1pm and 5pm. I really am glad for the love that the brethren have for each of us. They are all so cute! I really loved Elder Oaks´s talk on the Atonement and President Hinckley´s talk about moving forward. They were all so great! I hope I find time to read the Conference Ensign when I get it! We also had so many investigators at Conference! They all loved it too! Oh! It was so cool to see their excitement and have the members of our ward talk with them! Especially Hna. Santul. She is so sweet!

After Conference, we went to work and we taught a group of teenagers in the street. Some were really interested and we could see a light in their faces. I pray they will remember what they felt and desire more.

Spring is well on its way here. I saw a tumble weed the other day and thought, “I hate to worry you, Johnny, but it´s getting hotter.” LOL! I thought it was great! Well, more next week! Love all bunches and always!

No comments: