Monday, October 23, 2006

Letter from Monday Oct 23, 2006

Bolivians in Argentina are becoming more and more like Mexicans in California. I enjoy teaching them and they are the most caring people! Most people here work in the fish factories. They export the fish so we don’t ever eat it. Sad! “Oh well.”

Diane asked me if I had an experience that helped me recognize my testimony this week. I did. I was struggling to feel the truth of my testimony for a couple days. Then I talked with President Cook and asked him to give me a temple recommend interview. He did. I felt my testimony so strongly. I need to have interviews more often. Their like taking vitamins to stay healthy, but sometimes you take more because you know you are getting sick. I am so glad that we have great leaders here in my mission.

Stories: We are having a Halloween activity this Friday! We can’t dress up. That’s really sad because I was going to be a “shark in the night”. But we are going to make costumes for the people that come!

Miracles: We taught a lady named Teresa the first lesson last transfer. We thought she wasn’t very interested. Then, we get her as a member referral. We go to teach her and she says, “I’ve been waiting for you to come back. But I know you are busy walking all the time.” She is so cute! We are now teaching her whole family (husband, 3 kids). The members go with us to the lessons too! It’s a double miracle!

We also found Hna. Tomasini, a menos activo who wants to come back to church and work, she has it all planned out that she and her husband will get married and we will teach him so he can get baptized! She is so excited! She even wanted us to bring her our laundry and we only stopped by for 45 min! She is great!

We found Claudia. She is a great lady. She felt the Spirit really strongly in the first lesson. We will visit her again on Wednesday. She is so good!

We divided our area today! This means that we get to have more people to talk to! I’m so excited because we have finished our area in two transfers. Oh, and speaking of transfers, those are the days when emails will come on Tuesdays.

Well, that’s all I have for this week! Love all and hope to hear from you all soon! Love always and bunches!

No comments: