Thursday, May 27, 2010

Watching...

I have recently discovered that there is nothing more tiring than watching. Your eyes are constantly staring at a still object trying to find some meaning for you in it. Or in my case, you move your eyes constantly trying to keep track of 2 three-year-olds. It's nice when they take turns but it is hard to watch both of them at the same time when one wanders all over the yard and the other one is yelling for attention while they go down the slide. And then you add the occasional street crossing where you have to watch for cars so the neighbor kid doesn't get run over going home or back over to our house to play. That was yesterday afternoon.

Today we had a new set of neighbors over this morning. So I was doing the same thing I did yesterday with a three-year-old, 2 four-year-olds, a six-year-old, a seven-year-old, and a nine-year-old. I think. I'm guessing on the ages, but I did get to know all their names. I decided that God must have a lot of patience. Then I remembered that he has babysitters too. And while they don't get tired like I do, I'm sure they would wish we would calm down a bit.

Needless to say, after two days of this, I can honestly say that I'm glad to be done for the day. Now it's my time.

No comments: