Sunday, May 23, 2010

On being good...

There is something to be said about being good. To use a Bleach reference, being good allows you to talk to your zanpakto to give you added strength and power. Some of us "religious" people call it the power of God. I have come to rely on it daily.

But sometimes being good has its down moments. It's how I lost most of my friends. It's why some of my friends expect me to lecture them when they do something they know is wrong. I think when I was younger, I probably did give several lectures. I don't any more. I don't have any thoughts to share about what they choose to do with their lives.

I feel sad though. I won't ever tell them that they make me sad. In the end, it doesn't matter since it is not my life and it is up to them to make the choices. I won't tell them that I will cry for the blessings lost to them. I won't tell them that my heart aches for them. I won't tell them. All that matters is that we are friends and I want to keep that for as long as they will let me. On my part, it will be forever. I hope it will be the same for them.

No comments: