Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Letter from Sept 26, 2006

Hey all! Thanks for your letters, especially those from Mom, Dad, Diane, Carol, and Doug. I´m glad to know all is going well. Thanks for your love and support! So, this week, we´re doing great! I love the people here! Thanks also, family, for the emails! I still look forward to letters. Oh, and thanks for updating me about Tracy. And thanks to Dad and Todd for the thoughts on faith last week. I really needed them.

So Hna Evans said that we were like sharks in the night. We don´t really know what that means. WE were talking about how we were angels of death because we always walk around in our black trench coats. Anyway, I decided that we are like sharks. We show a little fin and say God loves us and we are his children. Then we attack and say that there is a living prophet today. CAn we come in? LOL!

The funniest thing this week was probably seeing a brand of meat patties called “Barfy.” Yum! LOL!

I made the coolest discovery the other day. I...have a testimony!!!!! How cool is that! I mean, wow! It´s such a great blessing! I love it! I get to share it with the people here in Argentina. Ohhhh! It just makes me so happy! It´s like….an Aguila Mini Torta Coco alfajor or bolivian bread or empanadas from the Pintos. Oooh, riquisimo. Scripture of the update is John 15:27.

Language is coming beautifully when I need it. And when I need to share something the Spirit is there to guide me. That´s the most important thing. I´m incredibly grateful for the Elders in my Zone and that they are able to talk to me and give me blessings. Father is so wonderful.

So our investigators are mostly Bolivian. They are the sweetest people ever! We´ve read the Book of Mormon with a lot of them this week. We are teaching 3 different families in one house. It´s awesome and the kids are really excited about the gospel. The kids make it all worthwhile.

“Here will the hammerstroke fall hardest…” Lord of the Rings

Questions—Todd, Sam, Lisa, and all my other friends, how are things? What classes are you taking, if you haven´t already told me? What fun social things have you done? Anything new? Fun? Hope to hear more from you all. Remember to keep going strong, but plan well so you don´t burn yourselves out.

No comments: