Monday, September 18, 2006

Letter from Sept 18, 2006

Hey all...life is naturally great here! We had lunch on the beach today and watched the whales.

We mostly speak Spanish, and we are trying to do that all the time, even in the apartment. I´ve discovered that the biggest problem is that I don´t hear what people say or my brain drifts off so I don´t understand. We´ll keep working on it.

So last week I vented about the MTC. This week, I decided that I needed to say something positive about it. I had the greatest teachers who cared so much for me and wanted to help me in every way possible. Also, if I could go back and do it all again (this is advice to future PMG missionaries) I would read PMG before entering the MTC, and when in the MTC I would do all my assignments and work on lesson plans. Memorizing the key points in the long lesson plans is a MUST! There you go. I loved the MTC but it´s true that the field is so much better.

Odd things in Argentina—So we were at lunch and we got to taste a candy bar called Spicy Fart. Yeah. I was laughing my head off, on the inside, since we were at a member´s house. It wasn´t even spicy. I just thought the name was funny. The other odd thing about Argentina is the toilets. In the U.S., you can go to or “go” in any house and you will automatically know how to flush the toilet. That´s not the case in Argentina. Each toilet is slightly different. You either push a button or pull a lever, and sometimes the ones you pull are hidden in the walls. It´s very entertaining. Oh, and the water really does go backward.

Lessons—We had a very interesting lesson the other day. We taught a family, a big extended family, in a lean to. It was entertaining when those who were drunk would walk in and make comments like “Wow, chicas!” Intelligence abounds here too, Kelly. Anyway, we found out that my companion apparently looks like she´s 40 years old. I look 30 years old. Okay, in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall all things be established. That´s two people now who have said I look 30 years old. I wonder how old I´ll look after my mission… I love it!

So in general, life is good. Thanks for keeping everyone posted! Everyone else, write me letters to keep me posted please! Loves to all!

No comments: