Friday, August 18, 2006

Argentina...The Final Frontier

Monday the 14th, April shipped out for an almost day-and-a-half trip to her mission in Argentina.

I've been meaning to write about this all week, ever since I got her most recent letter, the last letter she would be sending from the MTC. I then realized I was not getting around to it, so I figured I better get moving so everyone could have the latest scoop on what was going on.

She left Utah...sometime in the morning, and had a 1+ hour layover in Los Angeles. While in L.A. she had time to use some spare change and what she had left on her phone card to call home.

I do know that she was grateful that no one was able to travel to L.A. to see her, or that they were not able to see her leave at the SLC airport. She said she knew it would have made it really hard to leave "again" after being away from home for 9 weeks.

From L.A. she was to fly into Lima, Peru, arriving about 1am, then a 5-7 hour flight into Argentina.

Word from the Mission Home has not been received if she has arrived safely, so pray that all is well, that the culture shock won't be too terrible and that she'll get lost in the work.

No comments: