Monday, February 26, 2007

Letter from Monday Feb 26, 2007

Hey all! I haven’t gotten letters yet, but thanks to all who sent them! Thanks also for your continual love, prayers, fasts, etc. on my behalf. I’m doing well. The work is going well and my companion is great as always. The people in the ward here are wonderful, excited and work hard in their callings. I love them.

Happy March Birthdays to Mom, Grandma, Grandma, Nils, and Hna. Ale and whoever else I have forgotten! Love you!

We actually didn’t have a baptism this week. We had some scheduling conflicts, so we will see what happens. I will keep you all updated.

So, last Monday was wonderful! We climbed Cerro Michacheo (?) and had lunch. We could see all of Zapala and it honestly looks like southern/central Utah. We have mountains, desert, weeds, etc. I don’t know how allergies are going to be when fall hits. Anyway, hiking the hill was fun. I spend most of the day quoting movie lines with Elder Whiting, a newbie.

On Tuesday I got to help a less active member with his English! It was great! It made me happy to help and do something with English! My favorite part was when Martin’s face lit up when he understood and could apply what he learned! There was a sentence we were looking at that said, “It’s a nice sandwich.” I laughed because we usually don’t say that. Unless, we have met a mean sandwich before.  It reminded me of The Hot Rock, “That’s a nice watch.” LOL!

We have a new nickname, “Señoras de Jesus”. I like it.

We also attended a ward activity for lunch on Saturday. It was fun! We all chilled, took pictures, etc. It was like a family reunion in Mayfield and it was nice for us to relax until lunch. We had a blast with the kids and swings.

Jay, how’s it goin’? “I’ve missed our conversations.” Saludos a su familia, Wendy, Hna. Ale, y todos en Madryn. I miss you, and pray for you. Hugs and kisses!

Well, that’s all for this week, all. Love tons!

No comments: