Monday, February 19, 2007

Letter from Monday Feb 12th, 2007

Hey all! Thanks for letters last week from Mom, Dad, Maxine, Diane, Noelle (Thanks for the Link pics! I love them!) and Lisa R. Dunn. Thanks for emails this week from Diane, Kelly, Cori and Rene, Alex, and Mom. Thanks as always for your love and prayers and fasts!

I had a great discovery last week in the scriptures! We read 1 Nephi 1 and I realized that Lehi hears the words of the prophets and then prays to know for himself, just like Nephi does with the words of his father! That’s so cool!

So, the ward is wonderful. I have been very grateful this past week for the storm clouds, wind, and a companion that is there for me. There are many people that are wonderful here in Zapala, even though I still don’t know many names or where they live. Hna. Riquelme has been in the area for one transfer, this is her second one here.

OH, Kelly, I hear the funniest song last week about mullets! “That guy’s a girl, that girl’s a guy. Yep....nope” LOL!

Dad asked about perfumes. Yes. It is a latin america thing. But here in Argentina I don’t know what is worse the perfumes or the aerosol deodorant that everyone seems to think works great. “Who knows.”

Alex, congrats on work, school, etc. Keep me posted.

Congrats to Kelly, Heath and Alex for making it to green belt in karate! I will have a ton to learn! I’m so proud of you all!

So this week we had winds and clouds! I saw a licence plate that said “cuc” LOL! and a trash can that said “residuos” LOL! I thought of “prodigeonuous” from October Sky. I have been told be members that I speak Castellano clearly. I have also been told by the primary kids that I speak like a little kid. I said, “That’s good, because I’m still learning how to speak.”  Oh, and I’m staying in Zapala for a while because Heavenly Father told me to. There are interesting smells here. The other day I smelled Disneyland (Gepetto’s place-the accordian music helped add to the illusion), and Splash Mountain, and Maxine’s school, and grass in the summer. It was beautiful!

There are a few investigators that I remember. One of them is Yisel. She has strong desires to be baptized and do the right things. We had a few very powerful lessons with her. They were powerful because the Spirit was there.

Jay! Kelly tells me that you are finally in touch with her! Yea! Keep writing! How have you been this week? ¿Me hagas un favor? Por favor, empieza un diario. Escriba lo que siente, porque escucha a las misioneras, sus deseos, todo. Okay, that was a horrible attempt at Castellano. But please start a diary or journal. It will be important to you later. Hugs and kisses, my kindred spirit.

That’s all for this week, I will try to answer other questions in other emails if I can. Loves always and forever!

No comments: